ASUS launches ZenFone AR in India: Here is what to expect from world's 1st Tango-Daydream smartphone
Setting the benchmark high in the smartphone segment once again, Taiwanese electronics major ASUS today launched its flagship 'ZenFone AR' in India. The company claimed that it is the world's first smartphone having both Google Tango and Daydream feature.The device, introduced first at the 'CES 2017' earlier this year, comes with 8GB ram, 5.7-inch display, a unique rear tri-camera system. ZenFone AR comes with an internal storage of 128GB, which can be expandable upto massive 2 TB. ZenFone AR is available exclusively on Flipkart at the price point of Rs 49,999. Flipkart is offering an early bird discount of Rs 2,500 on Google Daydream View VR Headset, if bought along with ZenFone AR.
9 key features of ASUS ZenFone AR
1) ZenFone AR comes with a tri-camera system with 23MP front camera, depth-sensing camera and motion-tracking camera with a "Super Resolution" mode that can create massive 92MP image and capture 4K-UHD video. For selfie lovers, the device comes loaded with an 8MP front camera.
2) The smartphone, with the help of Google and Qualcomm technology, delivers high-quality AR and virtual reality (VR) experience to users. At present, it is the thinnest and lightest Tango-enabled smartphone available in the market. The device is loaded with Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 processor.
3) The device has 5.7-inch 2K display and comes with ASUS SonicMaster 3.0 technology.
4) The latest smartphone has five-magnet speaker driven by a powerful "NXP smart amplifier" which delivers clear and expansive sound. The company claimed that it enhances the sound by 20%.
5) ZenFone AR runs on Android 7.0 Nougat and is paired with the Google Daydream View VR headset and controller.
6) "ASUS TriCam" system consists of three rear cameras -- a motion-tracking camera, depth-sensing camera and a Sony IMX318 image sensor 23MP PixelMaster 3.0 camera - that provide input to Tango, enabling smartphone AR experiences for users.
7) ASUS boasts that the device has a 'Super Resolution' mode that creates ultra-high resolution, 92MP photos by capturing and combining four native 23MP photos to create a single image with exceptional clarity, greater detail, and less noise.
8) For professional photographers ZenFone AR offers storage in RAW format and has several manual creative controls, like white balance, exposure value (EV), ISO sensitivity, shutter speed, and focus.
9) The latest phone from the ASUS family is powered by a 3,300mAh battery pack with Quick Charge 3.0 charging technology by Qualcomm. This technology enables 60 per cent battery charge in 45 minutes.