Odd-even phase 2: Try these 5 apps to make your travel easierNew Delhi: After the successful implementation of odd-even trail in January, the AAP government has announced the second phase of car restriction policy in the national capital. The vehicle rationing scheme will come into effect
New Delhi: After the successful implementation of odd-even trail in January, the AAP government has announced the second phase of car restriction policy in the national capital. The vehicle rationing scheme will come into effect on April 15 and continue for 15 days till April 30.
Elaborating on the details, the city government has said that it would be more or less same as the previous phase.
Under the odd-even scheme, petrol and diesel driven vehicles with odd and even registration numbers will ply on alternate dates. The scheme is not applicable to CNG vehicles, two-wheelers, women motorists, cars carrying school children in uniform and several kinds of VVIPs. Violators will attract a penalty of Rs 2,000.
As Delhiites gear up for second leg of the odd-even traffic scheme, we bring to you 5 apps that will help you to commute without difficulty:
1. Rapido: This app will offer free rides from 8 am to 9 pm during the 15 days of the odd-even scheme. It is a bike booking app that will offer last mile connectivity to select Delhi Metro stations free of cost to people who would use the trains during the second phase of the odd-even vehicle restriction scheme. The free bikes can be hired in and around 5 km of Malviya Nagar and Hauz Khas stations.
2. Poocho Carpool: This app will give people more options for car pooling during the scheme. Developed by the Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS), android users can download it on the Google Play store. Users will just have to enter their car and phone number, and they can get a list of all the other people who are on a similar route, with similar timings.
3. Helpchat: This will allow users to book a cab available in their surrounding area, featuring quick and economic availability. By using the cab feature on Helpchat, one can plan, search for options and go for the best option, avoiding price surge during peak commuting hours. Helpchat is a personal assistant app that will also help users with its feature of air quality check in their locality. With the help of this feature one can take the less polluted route and avoid air related health issues.
4. UberPool/ Ola Share/ Meru: Uber, Ola and Meru allow one to "share ride". Download the app and tap a button on the screen to let the app know that one is willing to share, and it will allow other people who are headed in the same direction to take the cab too. It is definitely cheaper than riding alone. This feature in Uber/Ola/Meru helps save money and the environment.
5. Orahi: Orahi, is the corporate carpooling app that has collaborated with odd-even.com The app will offer more carpool options for the corporate workers and eventually helps in decreasing traffic and pollution for the city. Beside Orahi also offers ‘Every second ride free’ and ‘1 litre of free petrol for car owners everyday’ will be extended to the new users as well.