11 amazing facts about food,10th is really shocking
The centre of this world and human existence is food. The end purpose is to eat, pray, and live life. However, how well are we aware of the food that we eat? Interestingly, there are endless facts about food that will make us wonder.
For example, most of us don't know that carrots used to be purple in color before 17th century and avocado, pumpkin, tomato, coffee, grapes are actual berries and not strawberries and blackberries.
So, for all food lovers and self proclaimed foodies, we have compiled some interesting facts that will amuse and impress you.
Check out them.
1.Sunday ho ya Monday roz khao ande; the song is good to hum but it may prove harmful for your kids. It is said that Eggs are the most common allergy causing foods.
2. Your favorite colorful Jelly Candies that entice you with their different shapes and flavors actually have a car wax coating which makes them look more shiny.
3. If you are suffering from plasma cells deficiency, then Coconut is a best substitute for blood plasma which is highly consumed by people suffering from jaundice and dengue.
4. You might often complaint about the bad food served in airplanes. In reality, it's not their fault because our sense of smell and taste decrease from 20% to 50% resulting in tasteless food.
5. After reading this don't stop your children from eating Chocolates because it is good for your teeth and fights bacteria in your mouth. So, all we can say is chocolate khane se daant kharab nahi hote. Caution: Anything in excess is injurious to health and hope, we are not spoiling you.
6.We all love to top our sandwiches , pizzas, paranthas and burgers with loads of Ketchup. Actually this is good coz earlier ketchups they were used as medicine to treat diarrhea.
7. If you're suffering from depression and want an easy escape from it then, eat Bananas they are the best way to get rid of it.
8. As summers are at their best and if, in any case you are feeling dehydrated then eat Cucumber they have 96% of water and rich in vitamin B and C.
9. When the food it yum, we end up having a heavy meal in our lunch and dinner. But it's not always the taste that makes us over-eat, but sometimes it is because of the color of your crockery. Blue, orange and red are some colors which increase your appetite.
10. Because of our fondness for sugar and sweets, Honey is a must in our grocery but did you know that it is made of nectar and bee vomit ?
11. Can you imagine a teeny-weeny food item responsible for causing a huge destruction? If no, then you should know that Peanuts are used to manufacture dynamites. So, next time you eat peanut butter remember that it was a dynamite.