10 reasons why you must have a Lucknowi friend!
The best thing about college life is that you get to meet people a lot of people from different regions.
You meet North Easterns, Tamilians, Biharis, Bengalis and, Sindhis. And voila, you become best buddies with some and even adapt to their lifestyle and culture.
Though we all have our favourites but no one can beat the adab and tehzeeb Lucknowi peeps bring along.
For them, Lucknow is not a city but a feeling. They are in love with their culture and rich food history and they are simply proud of it.
From words like Behtreen to toote (change), from Hazratganj to Gomti Nagar, Lucknowites will have an example for every single incident. And we absolutely love this thing about them. That sort of makes them all the more special!
Having one Lucknowi friend is really awesome. Here are 10 reasons why:
1. The "Hum and Aap" effect. Beyond a point, even you start talking like them.
2. They are big time foodie and crave for authentic Lucknowi food. They tell you about the most lip-smacking delicacies to try if you plan to visit Lucknow anytime soon.
3. They are simpletons. Standing at Time Square but missing Hazratganj or Gomti Nagar!
4. They hate people who use abusive words in front of girls.
5. They introduce you to the finest chikankari work.
6. They are crazy about Bollywood. Chulbul Pandey toh ghar ke hai!
7. They hate rude shopkeepers and auotwallahs. Aakhir tehzeeb bhi koi cheez hoti hai.
8. They are the most wonderful hosts.
9. They are passionate storytellers. While speaking of their city, you can actually see the spark in their eyes!
10. They live up to their city's name (read City Of Nawaabs). Their chaal-dhaal is total nawaabi.