Birthday special: 15 powerful quotes by Marilyn Monroe
Marilyn Monroe – a name that shook the entire Hollywood, a rising star who took the modelling world by storm, a face that is fresh and as mystical as ever and a mysterious life that still engulfs everyone. She was unassuming, unapologetic and had an unabashed personality; a starlet who is immortalised in the history of America!
Born as Norma Jeane Mortenson, Monroe has been one person who is known for lot many things –fashion statement, incredible photoshoots, iconic status, flawless beauty, glamour, controversies and her phenomenal stardom that she conquered.
Even today, 9 out of 10 fashionistas follow her trends, love her pose and want to be like her.
In her short life, she taught us a zillion simple things. She was not just a pretty face or an amateur who made it big; but she was one woman with attitude, awesomeness, a golden heart who totally lived her life, in real terms.
Every single thing she said about beauty, love, success, man, life and, romance stands so true and perfect!
On her super special birthday, we bring you the most amazing quotes by this ethereal beauty.
- I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
- I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.
- The real lover is the man who can thrill you just by touching your head or smiling into your eyes - or just by staring into space.
- Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.
- If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.
- A woman knows by intuition, or instinct, what is best for herself.
- We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.
- Fear is stupid. So are regrets.
- Naturally, there are times when every woman likes to be flattered... to feel she is the most important thing in someone's world. Only a man can paint this picture.
- One of the best things that ever happened to me is that I'm a woman. That is the way all females should feel.
- A strong man doesn't have to be dominant toward a woman. He doesn't match his strength against a woman weak with love for him. He matches it against the world.
- Respect is one of life's greatest treasures. I mean, what does it all add up to if you don't have that?
- I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.
- Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.
We bow down to this fine lady!