Michael Jackson not guilty: 5 historic events on 13th June
History is not created in a day! But, a day can bring many changes in history. Following are five historical events that happened this day and changed the future course of the world.
1. In the year 1774, Rhode Island introduced anti-slavery law that put a ban on import of slaves. This was the first British colony in North America to do so.
2. In the year 1920, US Post Office made it illegal to send kids via parcel post.
3. In the year 1955, USSR's first diamond mine, Mir Mine, was discovered.
4. In the year 2002, United States of America withdrew from the Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty of 1972.
5. In the year 2005, the Santa Maria, California, jury acquitted Michael Jackson of fourteen charges that also includes the molestation charge of a 13 year old boy.