Calcutta Stock Exchange Association was established: 5 historic events on 15th June
History is not created in a day! But, a day can bring many changes in history. Following are five historical events that happened this day and changed the future course of the world.
1. In the year 1667, Dr. Jean-Baptiste Denys conducted the first ever human blood transfusion. He was a physician of King Louise XIV of France.
2. In the year 1775, George Washington became the Commander in Chief of Continental Army. His selection was unanimous.
3. In the year 1908, The Calcutta Stock Exchange Association was established.
4. In the year 1916, President Woodrow Wilson signed National Charter that led to the creation of Boy Scouts of America.
5. In the year 2012, Nik Wallenda successfully completed the tightrope walk over the Niagara Falls and became the first man to achieve this feat.