Chhatrapati Shivaji crowned as king: 5 historic events on 6th June
History is not created in a day! But, a day can bring many changes in history. Following are five historical events that happened this day and changed the future course of the world.
1. In the year 1674, founder of the great Maratha Empire, Shivaji was crowned as the king.
2. In the year 1844, Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) was established in London.
3. In the year 1850, Levi Strauss made the very first pair of blue denims.
4. In the year 1882, electronic iron was patented by Henry W. Seely of New York City. Back then, it was named electronic flatiron.
5. In the year 1984, one of the most popular video game, Tetris was released for the first time in USSR.