Shubhangi Atre replaces Shilpa Shinde again! Five facts about new ‘Angoori Bhabhi’
New Delhi: The popular television sitcom ‘Bhabhiji Ghar Par Hai’ has been a constant newsmaker for weeks now. It all started when Shilpa Shinde who won hearts with her portrayal of Angoori Bhabhi quit the show alleging that the producers have been torturing her.
After weeks of controversy, the producers have finally found Shilpa’s replacement. Well known face of television Shubhangi Atre will now be Angoori Bhabhi on the show.
Interestingly, this isn’t the first time Shubhangi Atre has replaced Shinde. In the year 2013, Shilpa left the show ‘Chidiya Ghar’ in which she played Koyal and Shubhangi stepped in her shoes.
On why they chose Shubhangi, Benaifer Kohli, producer of the show, said
“Shubhangi is an ideal combination of innocence and attractiveness. She is a fabulous actor and I think she will make an exceptional Angoori Bhabhi and will capture everyone’s heart with ease.”
Also Read: Shilpa Shinde reacts furiously over ban from TV; warns ‘Bhabhi Ji’ producer of grave consequences
Undoubtedly, Shilpa breathed life into the character, something which will be expected from Subhangi as well. While you wait to see her on the small screen and play one of TV’s most loved characters, here are a few facts about the new Angoori Bhabhi:
- Shubhangi is married to Piyush Poorey and they are parents to a daughter named Ashi.
- Having a MBA degree, Shubhangi’s big television break was when Balaji Pictures gave her the lead role in Kasturi. She became a household name after that.
- After working with a big production house like Balaji, Shubhangi got the opportunity to work with another one, Rajshri Productions. Shubhangi played the protagonist Preeti in Rajshri’s show, ‘Do Hanso Ka Joda’. She was seen opposite Shaleen Bhanot who played Suryakamal.
- Shubhangi was recently seen in reincarnation drama Adhuri Kahani Hamari as Devasena.
- In Chidiya Ghar, Shubhangi was chosen among 80 girls. Her acting chops and good looks have earned her a good fan base.