From small town girl to TV’s ‘Bindani’: 10 things Pratyusha revealed in her last interviewNew Delhi: Pratyusha Banerjee was a household name and a known face of the small screen. However, the actress now joins a long list of television and film celebrities who shocked fans and well-wishers by
New Delhi: Pratyusha Banerjee was a household name and a known face of the small screen. However, the actress now joins a long list of television and film celebrities who shocked fans and well-wishers by putting an end to their misery by taking their own lives. Prior to Pratyusha, who is believed to have committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling at her Mumbai residence, many actresses including Nafisa Joseph, Kuljeet Randhawa, Viveka Babajee, Jiah Khan, Shikha Joshi and Ruby Singh, in the past 10 years, have shocked the entertainment capital by committing suicide.
Those who knew Pratyusha have said that she looked nothing like someone who would take such a drastic step. Her happy-go-lucky nature emanated positive vibes and made everyone she met smile.
While the investigations in her death are going on full swing and in full media glare, we bring you ten things that Pratyusha said in her last interview that reveals what reel-life ‘Anandi’ was in real life. It also brings to fore her journey from an ordinary girl in Jamshedpur to television’s favourite ‘bindani’:
1. “I liked models since I was 3 years old. As I grew older, I started developing a penchant towards makeup, pedicures etc. I used to carry out the procedures at my home itself,” said Pratyusha.
2. Pratyusha thought to give her dreams a chance and went to Mumbai. Speaking about her early days in the city of dreams, she said, “My mother had told everyone back home that until I achieve something in life, she wont talk to me. She did not see my face for six-seven months.”
3. Hailing from a small town, Pratyusha had little knowledge about how to carry herself in Bollywood. “I shifted to Lokhandwala and made few friends. My friends taught me how to dress and speak in public. They told me to hug people while meeting.”
4. So, how did Pratyusha Banerjee become Anandi? She revealed, “I was called after they saw my Facebook profile. I had no idea about the audition so I just went there without makeup or anything wearing a long dress. I got shortlisted on day 1 but that was not for Balika Vadhu but for some other show of the same production house. I got rejected thrice by the same production house.”
5. Despite the rejections, Pratyusha did not give up. “I used to go to the production house every Monday and sit their for eight years. Then the person involved in casting told me that I was rejected.”
6. Pratyusha was finalised for Anandi through a poll. “None of us were told the result. They had told us that we would know it through TV only. And then finally my name was announced,” Pratysuha said.
Also Read: Pratyusha Banerjee applied ‘Sindoor’ on forehead in her birthday party. Had she secretly married?
7. Getting the role was easier than going to shoot everyday for Pratyusha. “I got a lot of scolding. For three four months my director scolded me a lot but I owe my success to him. When my phone was taken away from me on the first day, I understood it was not going to be an easy job.”
8. After gaining success in Balika Vadhu, Pratyusha participated in dance reality show Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa, which she left mid way. “I quit Jhalak for Balika Vadhu. I suffered from dengue, I was in ICU for three days and then I quit Balika Vadhu. I needed a change and wanted to experience new things,” Pratyusha said.
9.From being Anandi to a witch in Sasural Simar Ka, the transition was difficult for Pratyusha. “I was in Puri when I got a call that the character was negative. I denied but then my father convinced me to take up the role. He cited the example of Shah Rukh Khan saying how he switches between characters. So I finally said yes to the role.”
10. Speaking about her experience in Sasural Simar Ka, Pratyusha said, “My character demanded that I do lots of villainous stuff. Which I did for a while and enjoyed it too. But after some time I could not take it anymore so I left the show.”