Deepika Padukone turns 30: Some lesser known facts about the diva
New Delhi: Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone has turned 30 today and the diva has several reasons to celebrate her birthday with a bang.
The actress indeed had a very successful 2015 - both on the professional and personal fronts.
While her bond with beau Ranveer Singh appears to be getting stronger every passing day, there is also a buzz that the couple might make their relationship official this year.
On the professional front, Deepika gave three movies in 2015 – ‘Piku' with Amitbah Bachchan and Irrfan Khan, ‘Tamasha' opposite ex-flame Ranbir Kapoor and ‘Bajirao Mastani' opposite beau Ranveer Singh and Priyanka Chopra.
All three films did well at the box-office; more importantly, Deepika managed to leave a mark with each of these performances highly appreciated. In fact, her latest periodical drama ‘Bajirao Mastani' is doing wonders at the box-office.
Apart from the Bollywood buzz, Deepika also grabbed eyeballs for her much talked about photograph with Hollywood action star Vin Diesel, giving fuel to speculations about her Hollywood debut.
So, as the fantabulous actress turns 30, we bring you some unknown facts about Deepika Padukone that might take you by surprise:
1. Many believe that it was Farah Khan's ‘Om Shanti Om' that gave Deepika Padukone her break in the tinsel town. However, her actual debut was a 2006 Kannada movie ‘Aishwarya', which did a fabulous business at the box-office.
2. Before Farah Khan, it was singer Himesh Reshammiya who gave Deepika her first break on the silver screen with his popular music video ‘Naam Hai Tera'. It was after the video that Farah took notice of the diva and offered her the film.
3. Interestingly, Farah had actually finalised Deepika Padukone for ‘Happy New Year'. It was later that the director roped in Deepika for ‘Om Shanti Om' as well. Incidentally, 'Om Shanti Om' was released 7 years before 'Happy New Year'.
4. Deepika is the only actress in the Indian film industry whose back-to-back hits collected a total of Rs 500 crore in a single year. Yes! This happened in 2013 when she did ‘Race 2', ‘Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani', ‘Chennai Express' and ‘Goliyon ki Raasleela – Ram-Leela'.
5. Deepika was not the first choice of director Rohit Shetty for ‘Chennai Express' opposite Shah Rukh Khan.
6. Apparently, Deepika was meant to make her debut with Sanjay Leela Bhansali's ‘Saawariya'. But Bhansali decided to go with Sonam Kapoor and Ranbir Kapoor. Eventually, Deepika's debut film ‘Om Shanti Om' released on the same day as ‘Saawariya'. It is speculated that this created the rivalry between the two actresses that hasn't gone away as yet.
7. Little did anyone know that Deepika Padukone is related to legendary filmmaker Guru Dutt, whose real name was Vasanth Padukone.
8. Not just in acting, the diva holds an upper hand in sports as well. Deepika Padukone played badminton at the national level and also played state level baseball. Her father Prakash Padukone has also been a national level badminton player.