1. Home
  2. Entertainment
  3. Hollywood
  4. Catherine Zeta-Jones Receives Honour From Prince

Catherine Zeta-Jones Receives Honour From Prince Charles

London: Oscar-winning Welsh actress Catherine Zeta Jones was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace in London on Thursday.The 41-year-old, who wore a cream skirt and
PTI February 25, 2011 20:53 IST
PTI
London: Oscar-winning Welsh actress Catherine Zeta Jones was made a Commander of the Order of the British Empire by Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace in London on Thursday.

The 41-year-old, who wore a cream skirt and jacket, matching hat and gold-coloured high heels, was accompanied by husband Michael Douglas and their two children.

Zeta-Jones, who was born and raised in Wales, was honoured for her services to the film industry and to charity.

When the award was announced last year, the actress said she was "absolutely thrilled. As a British subject I feel incredibly proud. At the same time it is overwhelming and humbling."

On Thursday, she described receiving the CBE as "very personal".

Zeta Jones began her career as a child working in theatre and on television. As an adult, she moved to Hollywood and landed leading roles in movies such as The Mask of Zorro, Entrapment and Traffic. She won a supporting actress Academy Award for her performance in the musical Chicago.

In recent years, she has lived in New York City with Douglas, a two-time Oscar winner for acting in Wall Street and producing One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Douglas was diagnosed with throat cancer last year but said in January that the tumour was gone and he was beating the disease.