5 changes in eating habits that will help you lose weight
Who doesn’t want to get into the right shape but there are several hurdles that refrain you from getting your dream figure. But experts suggest that along with taking right diet, some changes in eating habits can help you to achieve the right shape.
Delhi-based nutritionist and wellness expert Ritika Samaddar suggests few simple steps that could help in shedding a few inches.
- Eat meals in descending order: Healthy eating simply means taking the right kind of food, in right portion and at the right time. To get positive results, things need to be done in balance. Hence, it is advised to make sure you consume a heavy breakfast, followed by a moderate lunch and a light dinner.
- Opt for smart alternatives: Snacking smart is a great way to start leading a healthy lifestyle. Look for nutritious alternatives, for instance, you can snack on a handful of almonds instead of consuming unwholesome snacks or opt for a healthier substitute to your daily sugar such as pure maple syrup.
- Keep yourself hydrated: People often mistake thirst for hunger, so next time you feel like munching on something off-the shelf, reach for water first. This may help you steer away from unhealthy snacking.
- Eat more often: Light, frequent meals help curb your appetite, boost your energy and may even speed your metabolism. Nuts such as almonds are a convenient snack that can be eaten anywhere, anytime, so keep some almonds handy in a tiffin box so that you will always have your perfect daily portion.
- Set realistic goals: Do not try to radically change your diet overnight. If you make too many changes at once, chances are that you might drop the ball and give into temptations. Instead, make small changes every day, such as eating at least one piece of fruit, a handful of almonds or even opting for healthier alternative such as maple syrup in your cup of tea or coffee daily.
(With IANS Inputs)