6 Expert tips to maintain shine of jewelleryMaintainin the shine of your precious silver and gold trinkets is a tedious task. But with these simple hacks, it can be made a lot easier.
Maintainin the shine of your precious silver and gold trinkets is a tedious task. But with these simple hacks, it can be made a lot easier. Subhash Naheta, Chairman at Jaipur Jewels have jotted down some tips to maintain the new look of your jewellery.
- Avoid wearing jewellery to shower, in the pool or during any activity in contact with water, and also keep perfumes, harsh cosmetics and make-up away from your jewellery pieces
- Use an eraser to wipe off the marks on gold, jadau and polki jewellery. It is not a good method to clean your jewellery with water as the humidity tends to rust the jewellery.
- Use a mild glass cleanser to clean your diamond and other stone jewellery pieces. To avoid scratches while cleaning, use a soft bristle brush to remove the dirt particles. Use baking soda powder with one tablespoon of water to remove the grim. After all the cleaning is done, use a linen cloth to wipe the jewellery dry.
- Professional cleaning and polishing process to the daily wear pieces once a year is also recommended. Also, one should annually get their jewellery checked to ensure the settings and mountings.
- Celebrity jewellery designer Farah Khan Ali, who has Farah Khan Fine Jewellery, says jewellery should be kept in a cool and dry place.
- "Pearls must be prevented from soap water or perfumes. Jewellery should not be bent, it should be placed flat on a soft fabric to avoid scratches," she added.