Navratri Special: How to make 'banana chips' at home
New Delhi: Navratri season is going on and this is the time when people with all their devotion keep fasts for nine days.
However, keeping yourself off the food is not an easy task at all, especially for a food lover.
Sometimes, it happens that despite of having a fast, all you can think about is relishing your favourite dishes. And the slow moving clock makes the day feel even longer.
But, now you don't have to worry for those odd hours hunger during fast.
We bring to you a simple recipe of ‘banana chips' to help you curb your hunger in a much healthy way.
Banana, sendha namak, turmeric powder, oil
1. Take 5-6 raw bananas, peel them and soak them in plenty of salted rice water for 10 minutes.
2. Now slice the soaked bananas with the help of a chip slicer in water. Add 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder and mix it well.
3. Keep the banana slices in the salted water for 10 minutes and then drain out the water. Make sure the water is taken out completely.
4. Spread the banana slices on a kitchen cloth to remove the moisture completely.
5. Heat some oil in a pan, and fry the banana slices till they become crisp.
6. Place the banana chips on tissue paper to soak out excess oil.
Sprinkle it with salt and Banana chips are ready to be served.