Easy-to-make recipe 2: Yummy creamy pasta in easy steps
The vacations are about to end and this is the last week of summer holidays.
Kids must have had a great time doing various things – sleeping, watching tv, hanging out with friends, playing and certainly enjoying the ‘variety' of yummy foods.
Yes, the kids love ‘variety' in whatever they eat especially when it comes to having vegetables as they are complete junkies.
Burgers, pizzas, french fries, noodles etc are what rule their list of favourite food items.
So in this last week of their vacation treat your kids with a yummy recipe of creamy pasta with the richness of vegetables that they will love thoroughly. Here is the recipe in easy steps:
Pasta, cabbage, carrot, capsicum, green peas, butter, cream, salt, ginger, black pepper, lemon juice, coriander leaves
1. Take 6 cups of water (thrice the quantity of pasta) and add 1-2 tsp of oil and salt in it and boil it.
2. Add 200gms (2 cups) of pasta once the water begins to boil and keep stirring for 15-20 minutes.
3. Do check the pasta by pressing it with your fingers to make sure the pasta is soft and tender.
4. Drain the water from the pasta and wash it with cold water in order to remove stickiness.
5. Now heat 2tbsp of butter in a pan and add 1 cup of chopped cabbage, 1 cup of chopped carrot, 1 cup of chopped capsicum and some grated ginger to the pan and cover it.
6. Allow the vegetables to cook for 2-3 minutes and once the vegetables get soft, add ½ cup of cream, salt as per your taste, ¼ tsp of black pepper in it and mix it well.
7. Cook the vegetables for another 2 minutes before adding pasta to it.
8. Mix the pasta with the vegetables properly and cook it for 2 more minutes before turning off the flame.
9. Add some lemon juice and coriander leaves before serving.