Ramadan special: Easy-to- make date & nut laddoo recipe
One of the important festivals of Muslims is Ramadan which is followed by Eid-ul-Fitr.
Ramadan is the ninth month of Islamic calendar where Muslims across the world fasts from sunrise to sunset. In India and subcontinent it is also called “roza.”
Fasting during the holy month is regarded as one of the Five Pillars of Islam. It is believed that Muslims fast to commemorate the arrival of holy Quran on earth.
Iftar (feast at end of the days fast), during the holy month, are known for food delicacies.
Here is a quick recipe of ‘date & nut laddoo' which one can have at the time of iftaar.
Chopped dates (khajoor), coco powder, almonds, pistachios, cashews, instant coffee, salt.
1. Take 1 cup of chopped dates and heat them in microwave for 30 seconds to soften them.
2. Now blend the softened dates till it turns into a paste.
3. Add 2tbsp of coco powder, ½ tsp of instant coffee and add a pinch of salt to the paste. Blend it again.
4. Take one and a ½ cup of mixed nuts comprising almonds, pistachios and cashews. Blend them separately for 8 to10 seconds. Make sure the nuts remain chunky even after blending.
5. Mix the nuts with the date mixture properly. Apply oil on your palm and knead the mixture into dough.
6. Now make laddoos out of the dough.
Make sure you store the laddoos in an air tight container.