Say NO to oily skin this monsoon? Try these quick home remedies!
Does your face feel sticky all the time? Do you get to know people calling you ‘Miss. Chipchip', Pimple Queen' or any other names behind your back?
If that's the case, then it's sure you must be having with oily skin. No doubt, it is really hard to deal with it as it usually leads to blackheads, acne (pimple) and various other skin infections.
Although oily skin is mostly a hereditary problem, it can also be caused by bad eating habits, stress, hormonal changes or weather.
However, instead of spending large amounts on expensive chemical-based skin care products, which have their own set of pros and cons, you can always manage it easily without spending much.
Check the below-given home remedies which will help you in dealing with your oily skin -
Cucumbers are beneficial for the oily skin because of the presence of vitamin A and E, potassium and magnesium which help in removing the excess oil.
1. Take a fresh cucumber and cut it into thick pieces and rub them on your face. Leave it over night before washing it off with warm water in the morning. Repeat the remedy daily before going to bed.
2. Take one and ½ tsp along with one and ½ tsp of lime juice and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your face and leave it to dry before rinsing it with warm water.
Using honey for oily skin not only removes the excess oil from the skin but also clears the pores; prevents wrinkles along with moisturizing the skin.
1. Apply honey directly on your face and make a thin layer of it. Leave it for 15 minutes before washing it off. Repeat this twice a day for better results.
2. Take some almonds and grind them. Now add honey to it and mix it well. Apply the paste on your face and massage it gently. This will remove the excess oil and the dead skin cells from your face. Do this once a week.
Using apple for oily skin is a great home remedy as the acid in apples not only absorbs excess oil from the skin but also removes the dead skin cells.
1. Grate half apple and apply the shreds on your face. Leave it there for 15 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
2. Take 1tsp of grated apple, lemon juice and yogurt each respectively and mix it well to form a smooth paste. Apply the paste on your face and leave it for 15 minutes. Wash your face with cool water.
Tomatoes are very helpful for the acne-prone skin because of the presence of natural oil-absorbing acids which help in getting rid of excess oil from the skin.
1. Cut a slice of tomato and rub it on your face. Leave it for 15 minutes as the juice soaks into your skin. Now wash your face with cold water. Make sure that you apply a light oil-free moisturizer after you pat dry your face.
2. Take 3 tbsp of tomato juice along with 1 tbsp of honey and mix it well. Apply it on your face and leave for some time before rinsing it.
With the presence of vitamin A, egg whites can not only remove the excess oil but can also tone and tighten up the skin.
1. Take an egg and separate the yolk (yellow part) from it. Now beat the egg white till it gets stiff. Apply it on your face and allow it to dry before washing it off with warm water. Repeat this twice a week.
2. Whip the egg white after separating it from yolk. Now add some lemon juice to it and mix it well. Apply the mixture on your face before rinsing it off with warm water.