Basic eye make-up tricks to lift your lookLos Angeles: It is sometimes a struggle waking up in the morning, especially after having not so sound sleep. But one can fake the appearance of a good night's sleep with some cool make-up effects.From
Los Angeles: It is sometimes a struggle waking up in the morning, especially after having not so sound sleep. But one can fake the appearance of a good night's sleep with some cool make-up effects.
From the power of eyeshadow to a mini-lesson in applying mascara, here's six bits of advice that can make anyone bright-eyed every single day, reports huffingtonpost.com.
And who better to tell us about them than the women on the streets of New York? Here are the tips from them:
* Use your nude liners: Jordan says: "(I use) a nude eyeliner on the inner water line because I'm exhausted all the time and this takes out the redness and makes you look awake."
* Get fuller lashes with powder: Emily says: "Sweeping powder over my eyelashes is a great way to make them thicker and elongate the wear of my mascara. I also like holding a piece of tissue underneath my bottom lashes when applying mascara to them; this protects my skin from being smeared with mascara while allowing me to be more thorough with the mascara application."
* Refresh with some eyedrops: Renee says: "I used to work for Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell and this is a trick that all the models use: Put in eye drops just before you have a photo taken, especially if your eyes are tired, and it wakes you up -- your eyes look fresh and rested!"
* Double up on your product supply: Sizwe says: "I almost always wear more than one mascara, usually a combination of a lengthener and a thickener."
* Use a bright eyeshadow, like white, to fake a well-rested look: Jemma says: She makes her eyes look awake with lash-defining mascara and a little bit of white eyeshadow dusted on her eyes' inner corners.
* Perfect eye-opening winged liner, on-the-go: Kate says: "I start with a cat-eye and then I just blend. I put on both brown and navy. Navy went on this morning and (then) I layered the brown on while I was on the subway and continued to blend."