Solve your high or low blood pressure problem with these home remedies!
Blood Pressure (BP), as we all know, is a common problem nowadays. Due to our contemporary lifestyle, either high or low blood pressure tends to take a permanent seat in our lives.
Though, visiting a doctor regularly and daily precautions are highly recommended yet there could be many things at home which can always keep the fluctuating BP under control.
120/80 mm Hg is considered to be normal blood pressure however, those who have an ideal weight and are physically fit can have blood pressure slightly lower than the normal. But this cannot be considered unhealthy till the time no symptoms are experienced.
However, if the blood pressure readings keep hovering below or around 90/60 mm Hg then one can be considered having low blood pressure. This condition is also known as hypotension and it happens due to many reasons like prolonged bed rest, pregnancy, dehydration, heart problems, nutritional deficiencies, endocrinal disorders, neurological problems etc.
In case, one has any of these problems and is seeing symptoms like dizziness, cold body, blurred vision, tiredness, nausea etc. then he or she should increase salt and fluid intake and cut down on high-carbohydrate food items and alcoholic beverages.
Other things which can be easily tried at home to control low blood pressure are as given below.
Home remedies for low blood pressure
1) Drink salty water. Simply add one or 1 and ½ tsp of salt in a glass of water and drink it. However, do not do it too many times.
2) You can also drink coffee, hot chocolate, or eat chocolate biscuits or any other caffeinated product to bring your BP under control.
3) For a regular treatment of low blood pressure, you can try this remedy also. Make juice of two carrots and add some honey to it. Drink it twice daily to treat your BP issue. Drink it once empty stomach in the morning and second time in the evening.
4) The commonly known ‘Shikanji' made of sugar, salt and lemon is also known as one highly effective remedy to boost energy during low blood pressure situation. To make it, mix atleast 2 tsp of sugar in a glass of water. Add some salt to it and juice of one lemon.
5) Another good remedy for low blood pressure is licorice root or ‘mulethi'. One can make tea by boiling licorice roots in water and drinking it for a few days to cure low blood pressure problem.
Apart from these, it is highly recommended to change one's lifestyle to a healthy one to keep such problems at a distance. Morning walk, regular exercise (as prescribed by the doctor), yoga helps to control BP a lot. Also, one should regularly pay a visit to the doctor in case the problem persists for a long time.
Do remember, one should consult doctor before trying these remedies as well because in case there is some other serious problem then the doctor can recommend you better that which remedy could be more effective.