Simple home remedies to get rid of sun tan naturallyAs summer is at its peak, it is becoming quite difficult to go out especially during the day time. Sweating, rashes, prickly heat are some of the problems that people come across in summer but
As summer is at its peak, it is becoming quite difficult to go out especially during the day time. Sweating, rashes, prickly heat are some of the problems that people come across in summer but one thing that haunts almost every person, right from the beginning of the hot days is “tanning”. It not only makes the skin look dark, but also destroys the glow of face.
Are you also facing the same problem this summer? What do you do in that case? Stay inside and avoid going out. Well, we know that's not possible all the time.
So do you opt for spending high amount in parlours and tan removal creams?
Many of us really do that, but still don't get the desired results.
Here we bring to you simple home remedies that will not only help you get rid of the tan but will also bring back the glow on your face and that too without paying heavy prices:
Aloe vera is known for cleansing and nourishing the skin.
Apply aloe vera gel on the tan-affected areas before going to bed and leave it overnight. Wash it off thoroughly the next morning.
Yogurt (‘dahi') cools the skin and also reduces redness.
Take a cup of yogurt and mix it with juice of one cucumber and one tomato. Add half cup ‘besan' to the mixture and mix it well. Now apply it on tanned area and leave it for 30-45 minutes before washing it off with lukewarm water.
Sandalwood (‘chandan') is best known for its anti-aging properties. It not only cleanses your skin but also enhances the glowing complexion. You can use it in two ways:
1. Take sandalwood powder along with some turmeric powder and rose water and mix it well to make a thick paste. Apply the paste on the tanned skin and leave it to dry before rinsing it with cold water. Repeat this remedy twice a week.
2. Take sandalwood powder along with coconut oil and almond oil and mix it well. Apply the paste on affected areas.
Lemon comprises of natural bleaching properties
1. Take some lemon juice and some sugar. Mix them well. Apply the mixture on the tanned skin. Repeat this thrice a week for better results.
2. Apply fresh lime juice on the sun-affected area. Allow it to dry before washing it off.
Cucumber gives a soothing effect on the skin and also reduces sun tan along with moisturizing it.
1. Take two tbsp of cucumber juice along with a 1 tbsp of lime juice and a pinch of turmeric powder and mix it well. Apply the mixture on the tanned portion and leave it for 30 minutes before washing it off.
2. Take slices of freshly cut cucumber and rub it on the sun affected area. This will help in lightening the skin.