Make 'Kaju Katli' at home in flat 10 minutes with only 2 ingredients!
Relish the soft and lip-smacking sweet from North India at home without spending too much! This sumptuous sweet, easily available at almost all the sweet corners is not only easy to make but is also hassle-free as it only requires two ingredients – cashewnuts or ‘kaju' and sugar.
One can either choose to make it on any festival or to savour it as a dessert item on daily basis. Once you make it, you can consume it for several days later with an assurance of no adulteration.
The most interesting part is that it does not take more than 10 minutes to prepare. So, without taking too much of your time, let us tell you how it can be prepared.
ALSO LEARN: A delightful recipe: Red Velvet Cupcakes
Here are the steps –
1) Take around 200 grams of cashewnuts (‘Kaju') and grind them making a find powder.
2) Take a pan and add 100 grams of sugar and 1/4th cup or 3tsp water to it.
3) Put the pan on stove and let the sugar dissolve in the water.
4) Simmer the water for 1-2 minutes.
5) After that add the finely grinded cashew nuts to the sugar syrup and keep stirring it till you get soft dough out of it.
6) Leave it for a couple of minutes till the time it cools up to a level that you may be able to pick it up in your hands.
7) Now take the dough and make a ball out of it.
8) Spread it in chappati form on a plate or butter paper. Keep it slightly thick as shown in the picture.
9) Now cut out diamond-shape pieces from it, the way you get in the sweets corners.
10) Keep it for freezing in the fridge for sometime and relish it as and when you want.