Having dandruff? Flick it off permanently with these home-care tips!
You are going for a party and you chose to wear your favourite dress as you want to look the best.
You are all set to leave but just a while before that when you ran your brush through your hair; you found little white flakes in it and even falling on your shoulder.
That's, yes, the most loathed problem by all of us - Dandruff!!!
It not only spoils our dresses but also damages the hair.
Though the most common problem faced by numerous people, yet it is the easiest one to get rid of.
Here are some tips to cure dandruff easily and without any side effects.
Fenugreek (Methi) Seeds
Methi seeds have antifungal and soothing properties which help control dandruff.
1. Take 2-3 tbsp of methi seeds and soak them in water overnight. Grind them to make a fine paste in the morning.
2. Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it for few hours.
3. Rinse your hair before you apply shampoo
You can also add few tsp of yogurt to the paste. Repeat this remedy twice a week.
Aspirin helps control dandruff by exfoliating your scalp.
1. Take two aspirin tablets and crush them to make a fine powder. Mix the powder with some shampoo and wash your hair with the mixture. Make sure you massage the mixture in your scalp. Leave it for a few minutes before rinsing off. You can wash your again with a normal shampoo to remove the powder.
2. Take three aspirin tablets and crush them properly. Mix 1 tbsp of vinegar in powder form and massage the mixture on your scalp. Leave it in your hair for 30 minutes before washing thoroughly.
Lemon juice not only helps in removing dandruff but also helps in relieving the itchy scalp.
1. Take half lemon and mix its juice in ¼ cup of yogurt. Now apply the mixture in your scalp and leave it there for 20 minutes. Now rinse your hair before using shampoo.
2. Take few teaspoons of lemon juice along with some water and massage the mixture on your scalp. Leave it for 5 minutes and rinse it with water and shampoo your hair.
While coconut oil helps in removing dandruff, it also moisturizes dry scalp.
1. Take coconut oil along with some lemon juice and mix it well.
2. Now massage the mixture in your scalp and leave it there for 20 minutes.
3. Rinse your hair properly
Repeat the remedy thrice in a week
Olive oil acts as a natural moisturizer and also helps in eradicating dandruff.
1. Take some olive oil and heat it till it gets slightly warm.
2. Massage the oil in your scalp and wrap your hair in a warm towel.
3. Leave your hair like this overnight and shampoo the next morning. Make sure you use a good conditioner after that.