It's grooming time for grooms this wedding season (see pics)New Delhi: Wedding day is special not only for the bride but also for the groom. But men are often neglected as the glowing bride takes away the spotlight. To grab all eyeballs on the
New Delhi: Wedding day is special not only for the bride but also for the groom. But men are often neglected as the glowing bride takes away the spotlight. To grab all eyeballs on the most important day of your life, it's time to get to work.
Sangeeta Amladi, head medical services, Kaya Skin Clinic, has laid down some pointers for the groom-to-be that will help give the bride some tough competition, said a statement.
* Treat yourself to some skin-dulgence: Don't depend on photo-shop for acne and scar-free skin in your photos. Pimples, dry skin, an uneven skin tone, tanning and dark circles affect men too. You can opt for facials, peels and even simple home remedies to deal with your skin woes. You can also visit a skin specialist for treatments to combat tanning and pigmentation.
* Beat the belly bulge: Being a groom demands being in good shape. A belly bulge as you walk away with your pretty bride is quite an eyesore. A good way to get fit for your big day is to hit the gym months before the wedding day. A combination of cardio and weight training is the best way to look lean. If you don't have a gym membership, plug in your favourite music and head out for a jog. You can also try some martial arts or power yoga.
* The hair affair: It was one thing to bask in your manliness when you were a bachelor, but post marriage, excessively hairy chests are a big no-no. Though the thought of waxing may make you run in the opposite direction, worry not. You can opt for permanent hair reduction using laser as it is a painless and safe option. It will require multiple sittings, so if you plan to opt for this, go well in advance before the D-Day.
* Hair woes: Although most men will not admit to this, they are as obsessive about their hair as women. A nutritious diet and regular oiling, can help you deal with thinning and falling hair. You can also opt for a hair loss prevention service after consulting an expert.
* Nail it: The biggest turn-off for your bride would be unshapely and dirty nails. To look good and feel hygienic, a manicure and pedicure at least a week before the wedding will make your hands worthy of that ring.
* Oral hygiene: A good smile with pearly whites looks great in photographs! A pre-wedding dental clean-up is essential to be able to not only smile that 1000 watt smile but also keep away bad breath and maintain good dental hygiene.