6 tips to add the oomph factor to your lookNew Delhi: Get experimental with some jewellery to complete the look of your outfit and try a few well fitting belts of varying widths to add extra oomph to your simple outfits.Here are some tips
New Delhi: Get experimental with some jewellery to complete the look of your outfit and try a few well fitting belts of varying widths to add extra oomph to your simple outfits.
Here are some tips by Bhavya Chawla, chief stylist, Voonik.com, an online stylist-handpicked apparel store.
* Jewellery: Opt for a pair of studs, ear cuffs and maybe some statement danglers. Look for neck pieces, bracelets and finger rings with intricate designs, a pop of colour, sparkly crystals or interesting shapes to add striking details to the otherwise ordinary outfits.
* Watch: Watches add extra value to an ensemble. The elegant look demands a slimmer metal strapped piece whereas the go-getters can don big-dialled or colourful watches to punk up their look.
* Sunglasses: Not only do sunglasses add to your style statement, they have functional values too by protecting the eyes from harmful UV rays. Treat yourself to cat eyed monochrome shades for that glam look, simple golden rimmed-black aviators for that biker look or wayfarers to don the vintage look.
* Belts: A trendy wardrobe demands a few well fitting belts of varying widths. For petite women, skinny belts in bright colours or shimmery metallic look chic and sexy over a romper or fitted dress. The full-figured women must adorn large and wide belts to define their waistline. Meanwhile, the medium-width belts with a fun buckle go perfect with jeans and a tucked-in shirt, to create a tailored, more formal look. Choose from neutral brown or black leather belts for office wear and keep the fancier metallic ones for your evenings out.
* Handbags: When it comes to bags, select the right size for your body type first, followed by the occasion. You could choose from totes, satchels, messenger bags, cross-body, slings and clutches.
* Shoes: When it comes to shoes, pick something which speaks comfort yet compliments your attire. Focus on the occasion you are heading to and play around with colours.