Blood trail proves Pak hand in soldiers' beheading, says India; seeks ‘immediate action’
Two days after the mutilation of bodies of two Indian soldiers by the Pakistani Army, India today summoned Pakistani envoy Abdul Basit and asked him to take ‘immediate action against its soldiers and commanders responsible for the heinous act’.
Basit was called in by Foreign Secretary S Jaishankar to convey India's strong views on the incident, the External Affairs Ministry said.
"Foreign Secretary summons Pak HC, conveys India's outrage, demands action against Pak soldiers and commanders responsible," MEA spokesperson Gopal Baglay said in a tweet.
The Foreign Secretary also provided Pakistan with 'actionable evidence' of the involvement of the Pakistani Army in the incident.
Jaishankar also said that 'blood samples of Indian soldiers that have been collected and the trail of blood on Roza Nala (at the attack site) clearly shows that the killers returned across the Line of Control'.
“It was significant that the attack was preceded by covering fire from Pakistani posts in Battal sector (in the vicinity of village Battal). Blood Samples of Indian soldiers that have been collected and the trail of blood on Roza Nala clearly shows that the killers returned across the Line of Control,” he added.
The summon comes a day after Basit had evaded questions on the mutilation of Indian soldiers by Pakistani Army notorious Border Act Team (BAT).
"We have demanded from Pakistan that whoever from their Army was behind this incident be punished," Baglay told media later.
"He (Basit) denied that Pak army was involved, but assured he will convey contents of our demarche to his government," Baglay added.
On MFN status to Pakistan, he said, "MFN status to Pak is an obligation, from WTO. All members have to extend to each other, its with others also not just Pak."
The Indian Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) Lt Gen AK Bhatt had yesterday conveyed to his Pakistan counterpart that such a dastardly and inhuman act was beyond any norms of civility and merits unequivocal condemnation and response.
Pakistan, however, has denied any such incident happened and urged that Indian Army to look inwards to probe the incident.
In a statement released yesterday by the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the Pakistan Army’s media affairs wing, called it a routine weekly hotline contact between Islamabad told New Delhi and said that that there had been no ceasefire violation or crossing of the LoC by Pakistani troops nor mutilation of the bodies of Indian soldiers.
Naib Subedar Paramjeet Singh and BSF Head Constable Prem Singh were slain by Pakistan Border Action Team (BAT) by sneaking 250 metres into Indian territory in Poonch of J-K on May 1.