Top 5 Patanjali products behind company’s massive revenue growthHere are the five Patanjali products that have played a key role in the company’s revenue hike:
New Delhi: Yoga guru Baba Ramdev-led Patanjali Ayurvedic Limited, which started just four years ago, is not only giving tough competition to international brands, but has also registered a turnover of over Rs 5,000 crore in the last fiscal, up from Rs 2500 crore in the previous year.
Moreover, the massive hike in sales has encouraged the Swadeshi company target Rs 10,000-crore revenue in 2016-17.
Surprising but its true that the revenue target, if achieved, will put Patanjali Ayurved ahead of multinationals like Nestle, Colgate-Palmolive and Procter & Gamble in India.
Here are the five Patanjali products that have played a key role in the company’s revenue hike:
1. Patanjali Cow Ghee: The revenue generation of Patanjali Cow Ghee was Rs 1308 crore in the last fiscal. The product is now giving stiff competition to leading players in market like Amul ghee and Gowardhan ghee (Parag Milk Foods). Patanjali is also planning to spend around Rs 500 crore on cow protection.
2. Patanjali’s Dant Kanti (toothpaste): The herbal toothpaste, claimed to be prepared by using traditional herbs, posted sales of Rs 425 crore in 2015-16. Seeing the rapid growth in sales, the company now claims to leave other market leaders like Hindustan Unilever, Dabur and Colgate behind by increasing its distribution network in 2016-17.
3. Patanjali Kesh Kanti (shampoo and hair oil): Kesh kanti shampoo and hair oil achieved Rs 325 crore sales in less than a year. Available at a price much lower than other leading products in the market, Kesh Kanti is getting popularism among the Indian population at a swift rate.
4. Patanjali Noodles: Launched at a price of Rs 15, Patanjali Noodles not only gained immense popularity in the market but also managed to overtake Nestle Maggi to a great extent after it was caught in the midst of a storm over the presence of excess lead content in its instant noodles.
5. Patanjali Aloe Vera gel and juice: With the increasing demand of aloe vera face gel and juice in the Indian market, Patanjali is aiming to now aiming to become the premier natural beauty products maker.