10 facts to know about Gatimaan Express, India's fastest train till dateGatimaan Express is a semi high speed train that will run between New Delhi and Agra.The train will be a boon for tourists visiting the city of Taj Mahal from Delhi.This will be the fastest
Gatimaan Express is a semi high speed train that will run between New Delhi and Agra.
The train will be a boon for tourists visiting the city of Taj Mahal from Delhi.
This will be the fastest train in India after Bhopal Shatabdi.
Here are 10 facts that you should know about Gatimaan Express:
- Gatimaan Express will run at the speed of 160 km per hour.
- The train is expected to take a travel time of 105 minutes to cover 200 KM journey.
- The fare of this train service will be 25 per cent more normal fare of Shatabdi Express.
- It will have 12 modern coaches.
- The train will have Executive Class and Chair Car category of seats and also catering facility.
- An eight inch LCD will be fixed behind each seat.
- To attain high speed, tracks on Delhi-Agra route have been fenced off at certain places. Also, signalling system has been upgraded.
- The train features extra advance facilities like automatic fire alarm, emergency braking system along with the passenger information system and sliding doors inside the coaches.
- The train is equipped with a 5,400 Horse Power (HP) electric locomotive engine.
- Once it is successfully implemented, the Indian Railways has planned to launch semi high-speed trains on nine more routes including Kanpur-Delhi, Hyderabad-Chennai, Goa-Mumbai, Nagpur-Bilaspur, Nagpur-Secunderabad and Chandigarh-Delhi.