1. Home
  2. India
  3. 11,000 KV High Tension Wire Electrocutes

11,000 KV High Tension Wire Electrocutes Rajasthan Schoolboy

This is the picture of six-year-old Rithik who was going to school along with his friends in Jaisinghpura near Jaipur, Rajasthan on Wednesday. Due to callousness on the part of Electricity deparment, a 11,000 KV 
PTI September 23, 2010 12:02 IST
PTI
This is the picture of six-year-old Rithik who was going to school along with his friends in Jaisinghpura near Jaipur, Rajasthan on Wednesday.

Due to callousness on the part of Electricity deparment, a 11,000 KV  high tension wire  suddenly broke overhead and fell on this boy, who was carrying his schoolbag and a can of water with him.  

The physical education teacher who was following him, suddenly caught hold of six other students and saved them from being electrocuted.  

Rithik, who lived in Italy Ki Dhani in Guwardi village near Jaisinghpura,  died on the spot.  

The electricity department junior engineer came to the spot two hours after the horrible incident. Hundreds of villagers demonstrated with Rithik's body and the district administration assured action against those responsible for this tragedy.  

In another related incident on Wednesday,  35-year-old Sharda Devi Saini was bathing her eleven-year old son Lokesh on the roof  in Thikaria village near Bandikui, off Jaipur, when an 11,000 kv high tension wire fell on her. Sharda Devi died on the spot and Lokesh was sent to a Jaipur hospital in a critical condition.