1. Home
  2. India
  3. Blast in Pune society due to

Blast in Pune society due to high tension wire, child suffers burns

Ajay KamblePune, Aug 17 : A five-year-old kid named Piyush Walung suffered serious burns  in a freak blast from a high tension electric wire running above a residential society in Pune-Chinchwad this afternoon.The incident took
India TV News Desk August 17, 2012 18:37 IST
India TV News Desk

Ajay Kamble
Pune, Aug 17 : A five-year-old kid named Piyush Walung suffered serious burns  in a freak blast from a high tension electric wire running above a residential society in Pune-Chinchwad this afternoon.

The incident took place at around 3:40 pm creating scare in Pune, which had faced serial blasts 10 days ago.

The tiles on the staircase had signs of burns, as the child was rushed to Birla Hospital here.

Maharashtra Director General of Police ruled out any use of Improvised Explosive Device or the hand of terrorists behind this incident.

Bomb squad, dog squad and ATS officials rushed to the spot. The entire residential area was evacuated.