1. Home
  2. India
  3. Dengue outbreak: Delhi govt concedes it

Dengue outbreak: Delhi govt concedes it released funds after several deaths

New Delhi: The Delhi government on Thursday filed a status report before the high court  over the allotting of funds to the municipal corporation for dealing with the dengue crisis.In its report, the government  said
India TV News Desk September 24, 2015 19:05 IST
India TV News Desk

New Delhi: The Delhi government on Thursday filed a status report before the high court  over the allotting of funds to the municipal corporation for dealing with the dengue crisis.

In its report, the government  said that a sum of Rs. 81.5 crores was allotted for dengue, malaria control, out of which, it has released 25% by September 17 and  50% by September 22.

It must be noted that the city government released fund after death toll due to dengue rose alarmingly in the capital.

Also Read: Dengue death toll rises to 16; over 2,000 affected

The court was hearing a petition filed by Congress leader Ajay Maken on dengue crisis. According to the petition, the Delhi government delayed the release of funds.

Also Read: Dengue outbreak: Delhi High Court seeks explanation from Centre, AAP government

Meanwhile, the Delhi High Court has asked the state government and the MCD to file an additional affidavit on measures taken to control the disease by September 29.

Last week, The High Court had asked the Centre and city government to explain the steps they have taken to contain the vector-borne disease.