1. Home
  2. India
  3. 50 students hospitalized after gas leak

50 students hospitalized after gas leak from a factory in Kerala

India TV News Desk 07 Aug 2014, 19:46:50 PM IST
India TV News Desk
New Delhi: Over 50 students were hospitalized in Kerala as a result of a gas leak from a unit of the state-run Kerala Minerals and Metals Limited (KMML).

The students are from a government school in the neighborhood.

Around 16 students are admitted in ICU after they complained about nausea and breathing problems.

The leaked gas is believed to be Sulphur Dioxide.

While, the gas leak from the same factory had left around 50 people, including students, hospitalized three days ago, similar leaks have also been reported from the same unit in 2007 and 2011.