After wait of 42 long years, government rolls out OROP for ex-servicemenNew Delhi: The Narendra Modi government today announced the implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen.Addressing the media, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said that Prime Minister has on many occasions reiterated government's
New Delhi: The Narendra Modi government today announced the implementation of One Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for ex-servicemen.
Addressing the media, Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said that Prime Minister has on many occasions reiterated government's commitment to implement OROP.
* I appeal to the veterans now to continue the task of nation building: Parrikar
* PM Modi has fulfilled his commitment and implemented OROP: Parrikar
* One member judicial committee will be constituted. It will give reports in 6 months: Parrikar
* Pension would be re-fixed every 5 years: Parrikar
* Personnel who retire voluntarily will not be covered under OROP scheme: Parrikar
* Government has decided to implement OROP: Parrikar
* Previous government had estimated 500 crore, however reality is OROP would cost 8000 crore to exchequer: Parrikar
* Issue of OROP has been pending for over four decades: Manohar Parrikar
* Government of India respects its defence forces, they display courage and bravery in difficult circumstances: Defence Minister
The government was under pressure over the OROP scheme in the light of the veterans' protest for its implementation entering its 82nd day and the approaching Bihar assembly polls.
One Rank, One Pension will benefit 25 lakh ex-servicemen.