Incessant rain in Mumbai hits train services, BMC issues alert
* People living nearby Mithi river asked to vacate and move to higer places.
* Mithi River reaches upto 2.5 meter. 3 meter is danger level for Mumbai.
*Incessant Rains once again starts in Mumbai's Dadar, Parel,Mahalaxmi,Worli,Hindmata Mahim,Matunga,Sion and Bandra.
* Eastern Express Highway closed between Matunga and Parel in Mumbai.
* Two people electrocuted to death in Wadala.
* Uddhav Thackrey arrives at BMC disater control room along with Aditya Thackrey, takes stock of the Mumbai flood situation.
*Shiv Sena has cancelled its foundation day celebration in Mumbai on Friday due to heavy rains.
* High tide seen at Haji Ali Dargah.
* Flights to and from Mumbai are running at least 30 minutes late.
* CM Fadnavis promised that updated advisories will be issued every two hours to the citizen.
* Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis reached the disaster management roomto take stock of situation.
* Around 250 special buses have been deployed to ferry commuters who have been stranded in different parts of the city as the suburban train services have collapsed.
* Mumbai Mayor Snehal Ambekar said over 100 pumps are being operated to flush out the excess waters flooding the city and advised people not to ventures to beaches or near seashores.
* Heavy water logging and flooding has been reported at various locations around the city including Dadar, Parel, Byculla, Mazagaon, Mahim, Santacruz, Juhu, Vile Parle, Worli, Sion, Chunabhatti, Andheri, Kurla, Borivali, Dahisar, Jogeshwari and other areas preventing movement of road traffic.
* Train services continued on the mainland beyond Thane, Karjat-Kasara and Panvel sections of CR and beyond Vasai on WR.
* 200 mm rain recorded in last 24 hours.
* Angry people blame BMC for water logging in city.
* Train services on Central, Harbour and Western suspended due to water-logging.
* Railways have advised commuters to avoid travel in view of the situation unless it is very urgent.
* Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has issued an alert asking the schools to be shut down. Many low-lying areas have been waterlooged due to downpour.
* The IMD has warned of heavy rainfall in Mumbai, coastal Konkan and other parts over the next two days accompanied by strong winds touching 60 knots and very rough seas.
Incessant rains lashing Mumbai since last night disrupted normal life resulting in suspension of train services on the busy Central, Harbour and Western lines due to water-logging of tracks and in low-lying areas.
Operations between the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) and the Kurla suburb line have stopped.
Thousands of commuters, bound for offices and other work places, were caught unaware at suburban stations around the city as railways announced suspension of services.
The Central line connects Mumbai CST to far-flung areas like Kasara, Badlapur, Ambernath etc., Harbour Line connects CST to Panvel. Western line starts from Churchgate and is recently extended up to Dahanu.
In total, around 70-80 lakh people travel daily by local trains across all three lines, which are called as lifeline of the city.
Railway sources said it is difficult to say by when the services would be resumed.
The city has been battered by heavy rains since last night.
Meanwhile, rain services on the Western line were also cancelled.
The railways have advised commuters to avoid travel in view of the situation unless it is very urgent.
"Suburban services are affected due to heavy rains and water-logging in several areas in Mumbai Central and Matunga.
It is advised to all that commuters may travel only in case of emergency," Western Railway stated in a release.
(With PTI Inputs)