1. Home
  2. India
  3. Coordinated patrolling by BSF and BGB

Coordinated patrolling by BSF and BGB along Indo-Bangla border

Agartala: Border security forces of India and Bangladesh are keeping a close vigil along the 856-km long Indo-Bangla border in Tripura in wake of recent political developments in the neighbouring country.  Border Security Force (BSF)
PTI January 14, 2014 9:10 IST
PTI
Agartala: Border security forces of India and Bangladesh are keeping a close vigil along the 856-km long Indo-Bangla border in Tripura in wake of recent political developments in the neighbouring country.  

Border Security Force (BSF) and Border Guards of Bangladesh (BGB) are undertaking “simultaneous coordinated patrolling” along the Indo-Bangla border in Tripura to keep a close vigil, a BSF officer said yesterday.

“We are keeping a close watch on the situation in view of the recent political developments and attacks on minorities in Bangladesh and also making simultaneous coordinated patrolling along the border,” DIG BSF, B S Rawat said.

“So far no untoward incident was noticed along the border,” he told PTI.

Though more than 85 per cent of the border is fenced, the rest 15 per cent is unfenced, and possibility of any kind of infiltration through that area cannot be ruled out, he added.