Heavy rainfall predicted, schools advised to remain shut; 6 other major events of the day
1. Mumbai: Heavy rainfall predicted, schools advised to remain shut
Mumbai: The people of Mumbai have been asked to stay at home today after 15 days' worth of rain in 24 hours left the city battered and struggling to cope. MC Commissioner Ajoy Mehta on Friday said that heavy rainfall is expected in Mumbai on Saturday as well, so schools are advised to remain shut.
2. Presentation of 'World Yoga Encyclopedia'
Delhi: The 'World Yoga Encyclopedia' will today be presented in presence of Swami Ramdev, Acharya Balkrishan, Murari Bapu, Guru Sharananad, Dr. Pranav Pandya (Shanti Kunj), Dr. H. R. Nagendra (S-VYASA, Bengaluru), Muni Chidanand, Dharmadhikari Virendra Hegde
3. Jodhpur Court to announce verdict on Asaram's bail plea
Jodhpur: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy argued for bail to Asaram Bapu, jailed in a sexual assault case, before a court here, which reserved the decision till June 20.
4. Offices nearby Rajpath to close by 1 PM
New Delhi: Offices in South and North Blocks, and in neighbouring areas will be closed early today to make arrangements for International Yoga day celebrations at Rajpath on June 21.
5. Ghulam Nabi Azad to hold special PC
Delhi: Senior Congress leader Ghulam Nabi Azad will conduct a party press conference at 1pm at the Congress office.
6. Kalam to inaugurate body to promote social enterprise start-ups
Ahmedabad: Former President of India, Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, will today inaugurate ‘Aashray', a foundation set up to promote social enterprises in the country.
7. Metro train services to begin from 4 a.m. on June 20, 21
New Delhi: The Delhi Metro on Friday said it would begin train services from 4 a.m. and provide two special trains over the weekend in view of the International Day for Yoga being celebrated on June 21.