40 years of 'Emergency': Naqvi to participate in meeting; 5 others news events of the day
1. 40 years of ‘Emergency': Naqvi to participate in meeting
Panaji: Union Miknister of Minority Affairs Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi will today participate in a meeting on the occasion of 40 years of the ‘Emergency' in Panaji, Goa.
2. Thaawar Chand Gehlot to attend International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking
New Delhi: Union Minister for Social Justice & Empowerment, Thaawar Chand Gehlot will be in attendance as the Chief Guest to International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking.
Krishan Pal Gurjar, MoS, SJE and Vijay Sampla, MoS, SJE will also be present on the occasion.
3. President to present Punyabhushan Award
Pune: President Pranab Mukherjee will present Punyabhushan Award and also attend the sixth convocation of Dr D Y Patil Vidyapeeth at Pune on June 26.
4. Delhi Assembly: LOP Vijender Gupta to meet LG Jung
Delhi: Leader of Opposition Vijender Gupta will today meet Delhi Lieutenant Governor Nazeeb Jung. He will complaint to LG against working of Kejriwal govt.
5. Congress calls 'dawn-to-dusk' Odisha bandh
Bhubaneswar: Accusing BJD government of failing to act against those responsible for mismanagement in Lord Jagannath's Brahma Paribartan, the Congress called for Odisha bandh on June 26.
6. India to face Pakistan in Hockey World League Semi-finals
Belgium: After two unconvincing wins, a misfiring India will today face their first real test when they take on arch-rivals Pakistan in a much-anticipated Pool A encounter of Hockey World League Semifinals, in Antwerp.