Our ‘super-mighty pre-emptive strike’ will reduce US to ashes, warns North KoreaNorth Korean state media has warned US of a “super-mighty pre-emptive strike” that will reduce the United States to ashes
Reacting sharply to US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s statement that the United States was looking at ways to pressurise North Korea over its nuclear programme, the North Korean state media has warned America of a “super-mighty pre-emptive strike”.
According to news agency Reuters, The Rodong Sinmun, the official newspaper of the North’s ruling Workers’ Party, has threatened that Pyongyang’s super-mighty pre-emptive strike will wipe out the US mainland and reduce them to ashes.
“In the case of our super-mighty pre-emptive strike being launched, it will completely and immediately wipe out not only US imperialists’ invasion forces in South Korea and its surrounding areas but the US mainland and reduce them to ashes,” the newspaper said.
US Secretary of State had told media persons earlier this week that the United States was “reviewing all the status of North Korea, both in terms of state sponsorship of terrorism as well as the other ways in which we can bring pressure on the regime in Pyongyang.”
Even Paul Ryan, US House of Representative Speaker, had said during his visit to London that the military option must be part of the pressure brought to bear on North Korea over its nuclear programme.
On Thursday, the United Nations Security Council (UNSC) condemned North Korea’s latest failed missile test and asked Pyongyang not to conduct any more nuclear tests.
The UN statement was delayed as US and Russia sparred over language.