India's rebuttal to Pakistan at UN: Top 10 quotesUnited Nations: India gave a strong rebuttal to Pakistan's allegations of military oppression in Kashmir. India told the United Nations that "de-terrorizing" Pakistan is only way to achieving peace in the region. Indian first secretary
United Nations: India gave a strong rebuttal to Pakistan's allegations of military oppression in Kashmir. India told the United Nations that "de-terrorizing" Pakistan is only way to achieving peace in the region. Indian first secretary in the Permanent mission to the UN Abhishek Singh slammed pakistan for distorting reality and portraying a false picture of the challenges in the region
Here are the excerpts of India's reply to Pakistan's allegations.
1. To de-militarize Kashmir is not the answer, to de-terrorize Pakistan is.
2.Pakistan claims to be the primary victim of terrorism. In truth, it is actually a victim of its own policies of breeding and sponsoring terrorists. Seeking to mask its activities as though an outcome of domestic discontent in the Indian State of Jammu & Kashmir carries no credibility with the world.
3. All of us stand prepared to help, if only the creators of this monster (terrorism) wake up to the dangers of what they have done to themselves.
4. It was stated that Jammu and Kashmir is under foreign occupation. It is, except that the occupier in question is Pakistan.
5. Pakistani PM gets foreign occupation right, occupier wrong. We urge early vacation of Pakistan-occupied Kashmir.In fact, India's reservations about the proposed China-Pakistan Economic Corridor stem from the fact that it passes through Indian territory illegally occupied by Pakistan for many years.
6.Pakistan apparently regrets that the dispute over Jammu and Kashmir remains unresolved and that our dialogue has not progressed. If it is so, this is because Pakistan has chosen to disregard its commitments, whether it was under the 1972 Simla Agreement, the 2004 Joint Declaration forswearing terrorism, or more recently, the understanding between our two Prime Ministers at Ufa. On each occasion, it is India that has extended the hand of friendship. India remains open even today to engage Pakistan on outstanding issues in an atmosphere free of terrorism and violence.
7. Reference was made to ceasefire violations and exchanges of fire along the Line of Control and the International Boundary. The world knows that the primary reason for firing is to provide cover to terrorists crossing the border. It needs no imagination to figure out which side initiates this exchange.
8. It is not uncommon for states, when confronted with serious challenges, to shift responsibility on others. That is the case with Pakistan and terrorism, reflecting the inability to recognize that this is a home grown problem that has begun to bite the hand that fed it.
9.The heart of the matter is a state that regards the use of terrorism as a legitimate instrument of statecraft. The world watches with concern as its consequences have spread beyond its immediate neighbourhood. All of us stand prepared to help, if only the creators of this monster wake up to the dangers of what they have done to themselves.
10. We are ready to engage with Pakistan on outstanding issues in "an atmosphere free of terrorism and violence.