Top 10 quotes of PM Modi at Facebook headquartersCalifornia: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attended a townhall meeting with Mark Zuckerberg at the Facebook headquarters. In the 45-minute session, Prime Minister poured his heart out sharing his childhood struggles, his dream of
California: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday attended a townhall meeting with Mark Zuckerberg at the Facebook headquarters. In the 45-minute session, Prime Minister poured his heart out sharing his childhood struggles, his dream of bridging the digital divide in India, empowering women, significance of social media and many more issues concerning the country.
Here are top 10 things from the prime minister said at facebook headquarters
1. My dream is to make India a $20 trillion economy.
2. I came from a very poor family. ... When we were small, to sustain us my mother cleaned dishes, fill water, did laborious work at the neighbouring houses. you can imagine a mother, in order to raise her kids. Lakhs of mothers in India have dedicated their lives for dreams of their children:
3. 180 million people didn't have bank accounts. We managed to get accounts for them in 100 days
4. It's true that in India we have to focus on two things equally, one is physical infrastructure and other is digital infrastructure.We need both highways and i-ways in India:
5. Social media has the potential to show the government if it is taking a wrong path and then go for a course correction, it is a strength of a democracy
6. I hope in the next 5 years we will be able to connect 6 lakh villages with optical fibre.
7. For government to achieve economic progress we have to utilize potential of the 50% population; the women in India. Women should be empowered to be decision makers and not just participants.
8. I wished Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu on a festival in Hebrew. He replied to me in Hindi. This is the power of social media.
9. There is no dearth of money in the world. Most countries do not know where to invest. I am just giving them an address (India)
10. It takes a second to turn a scooter, but much longer to turn a 40-bogie train. India is a huge country, it will take time to reform.