In line of fire: 6 times Kejriwal was ‘attacked’ in public
New Delhi: In a shocking incident today, a man hurled a shoe on Delhi chief minister Arvind Kejriwal when he was addressing a press conference inside the Delhi Secretariat. The accused, who was later arrested by police, has been identified as Ved Prakash of Aam Aadmi Sena, a breakaway faction of AAP.
However, the AAP chief has been the victim of similar attacks ever since he joined active politics. In fact, he is arguably the most attacked politician of late.
Here is a list of the previous instances when Arvind Kejriwal has been victim tosuch attacks.
1. November 2013: During a press conference in Delhi, a man, who claimed to be a supporter of social activist Anna Hazare, threw black ink on Kejriwal and other AAP leaders. The accused was identified as Nachiketa Vaghrekar who claimed to be the general secretary of BJP’s Ahmednagar unit in Maharashtra.
2. March 2014: AAP supremo faced a similar attack while campaigning for the Lok Sabha elections in Varanasi when some unidentified men threw ink and eggs at him.
3. 2014 Delhi Assembly Elections: During his roadshow in Dakshinpuri area of South Delhi, Kejriwal was attacked by a person who first punched him on his back and then tried to slap him.
4. April 2014: Few days after Dakshinpuri incident, Kejriwal was attacked once again, this time by an auto driver, Lali, who slapped him twice after garlanding him.
5. January 2016: Immediately after Kejriwal became the Chief Minister of Delhi, a woman identified as Bhavna Arora attacked him with ink alleging a CNG scam in Delhi.
6. March 2016: Kejriwal’s vehicle was attacked by a mob at Hassanpur village in Punjab breaking its windscreen with stones. He, however, managed to escape without any injury.