India TV Samvaad: Minister lists 6 achievements of Modi govt in tourism sector
Union Culture Minister Dr Mahesh Sharma today tabled the report card of his ministry on the occasion of third anniversary of the Narendra Modi government.
He was speaking at India TV’s mega conclave on the three years of the NDA government. Here is what Tourism minister said about the achievements of his ministry under the leadership of the Prime Minister:
1. India has improved its ranking in tourism sector by 25 places since last three years. This is for the first time in the history of independent India when the country has cumulatively improved its ranking.
2. Government has invested Rs 4800 crore in constructing tourism corridor.
3. Government launched helpline number 1363 to help foreign tourists.
5. What Modi government has done in a span of 3 years, was not done in a period of 70 years. All credit goes to PM Narendra Modi who has taken the tourism to a whole new level.
6. India has jumped 12 spots to 40th position in World Economic Forum's travel and tourism rankings.
The index takes into account indicators like air transport infrastructure, ground and port infrastructure and tourist service infrastructure, prioritization of travel and tourism, price competitiveness, etc.
Published biennially, the index benchmarks the T&T competitiveness of 136 economies. The report measures the set of factors and policies that enable the sustainable development of the travel and tourism in different countries.