‘New India’ a clarion call of 125 cr Indians, says PM Modi on 'Mann Ki Baat'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said the 'New India' clarion call of 125 cr Indians and called upon the people to perform their duties as responsible citizens.
In his monthly radio address 'Mann ki Baat', the first since the Bharatiya Janata Party's victories in the recently concluded assembly elections in five states, Modi said small and steady steps by all Indians can lead to realisation of a new and transformed India.
"‘New India’ is neither a government programme, nor is it the manifesto of a political party, nor is it a project. ‘New India’ is the clarion call of 125 crore countrymen. It is the essence of the emotions of the 125 crore Indians wanting to come together and create a magnificent India. 125 crore Indians nurture a hope, a zeal, a resolve, a desire," Modi said.
"hen there is a talk of ‘New India’, its criticism, its analysis, it counter views, are but natural, and that is a fundamental of democracy. But it is true that if 125 crore countrymen resolve, and decide to walk step by step on a path to realise that resolve, the dream of ‘New India’ can be fulfilled in our lifetime. And all these things are not necessarily achieved through the Budget, government projects, or government money," the Prime Minister said.
"If every citizen resolves to obey traffic rules, if every citizen resolves that he will discharge his duties honestly, if every citizen resolves that he will not use petrol or diesel one day in a week - - these are not very big things," he said.
He further said, "..these will contribute to the realisation of the dream of this country, this ‘New India’, that is being nurtured by 125 crore countrymen, and this realisation will be achieved before their eyes.
"In essence, every citizen must discharge his civic duties and responsibilities. This in itself would be a good beginning to the New India," the PM said.Every citizen can combat against black money: PM Modi
Modi said every Indian can combat black money.
Modi said that with a firm resolution India can see 2.5 crore digital transactions within next six months rather than waiting for a year.
"I express my gratitude to the citizens for going for digital transaction. Every Indian can be a crusader against black money just by opting for digital payment rather than cash transactions," Modi said.
The Prime Minister said that after demonetisation people began proffering digital transactions and there had been huge increase in digital transactions.
"Within two months of its launch, there had been 1.5 crore downloads of BHIM app, this is commendable... If 125 crore citizens make a resolution, then we can achieve the target of 2.5 crore digital transactions within six months and not wait for a year..."
"Just make sure that you submit the school fee of your children, railway or airline bookings and other transactions are done through digital mode," Modi said.Modi wishes Bangladesh on its Independence Day
Modi wished neighbouring Bangladesh on its Independence Day on March 26.
Modi in his national radio address 'Mann Ki Baat' wished prosperity for the neighbouring country, recalling the common memories of Rabindra Nath Tagore shared by both India and Bangladesh.
"We all are proud that both the nations share the memories of Gurudev Rabindra Nath Tagore who wrote the national anthem of both India and Bangladesh," the Prime Minister said.
Modi said both Bangladesh and India will continue being partners in future for mutual benefit and progress.Here are the highlights from 'Mann Ki Baat':
* Depression can be overcome. We all can play a role in helping those suffering from depression overcome it.
* Wastage of food is unfortunate. I know of several youngsters who are using technology & helping prevent wastage of food
* Making cleanliness an integral part of our lives and ensuring a clean India
* People of India are getting angry as far as dirt is concerned and this is a welcome sign.
* India has extended support to the movement towards digital transactions. People of India have rejected corruption & black money.
* Fulfilling the dreams and aspirations of the people of India
* New India manifests the strength and skills of 125 crore Indians, who will create a Bhavya and Divya Bharat.
* The Champaran Satyagraha showed us how special Mahatma Gandhi was and how unique his personality was.
*We are marking 100 years of Champaran Satyagraha. And this was one of the earliest Gandhian mass movements in India: PM
* Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru continue to inspire the nation.
* Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru were not scared of death. They lived and died for our nation.
* The massacre in Amritsar in 1919 left a deep impact on Shaheed Bhagat Singh.
* India will always stand shoulder to shoulder with the people of Bangladesh.
* PM Modi pays tributes to the respected Sheikh Mujibur Rahman.