Fake degree row: Police arrests Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh TomarLIVE UPDATES* We have respect for the rule of law, whatever Court has ordered we respect that: Ashutosh (AAP) on JS Tomar sent to 4-day police custody* Delhi Police to procure necessary documents during this
* We have respect for the rule of law, whatever Court has ordered we respect that: Ashutosh (AAP) on JS Tomar sent to 4-day police custody
* Delhi Police to procure necessary documents during this time-frame.
*Delhi Law Minister JS Tomar sent to 4-day police custody.
* Tomar's arrest a "farcical exercise",says Delhi Court
* Hearing on Delhi Law Minister JS Tomar's remand application completed; order reserved for 15 minutes.
* Delhi Home Ministry withdraws the appointment of Joint CP Mukesh Meena in the Anti Corruption Branch GNCTD.
* Controller of Examination has also verified this fact that no degree or marksheet has been issued on the name of J S Tomar: R Bhagat
* Documents submitted to prove him advocate and B.Sc graduation degree along with marksheet appears to be forged as per complaint: R Bhagat
* We received complaint from Bar Council of Delhi that documents presented by Tomar seem forged: R Bhagat, Delhi Police
* This case is based on pure FIR,no other meaning should be taken out: Deepak Mishra, Spcl Comm(Law &Order) on JS Tomar
* Delhi Police demands five days custody of Jitender Singh Tomar.
* Tomar reached court room, hearing start
* Law MinisterJitender Singh Tomar reaches Saket Court
* Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi leaves from LG's residence.
*Law Minister Tomar to appear in Saket court in a short while from now
* Law minister Tomar taken to AIIMS for Medical check up
* Delhi Police is declaring an elected leader a terrorist: Ashutosh (AAP)
* Delhi Govt gives Rajendra Kumar additional charge of Home Secretary.
* As per Constitution,I should be given prior info before arrest of any member of Delhi Assembly,I received a fax at 3:11pm: Ram Niwas Goel
* Delhi Police Commissioner BS Bassi to brief the media on Delhi Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar's arrest issue at 5:30pm today.
* Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh denies his ministry's role in arrest of Tomar
* Tomar moves Delhi High Court against his arrest
* Action has been taken as per the prescribed process: BS Bassi, Police Commissioner
* Those who are corrupt are being caught. All the corrupts have now come together: Sisodia
* There is no post of a Joint Commissioner in ACB, yet an order was passed to appoint an official for this position: Manish Sisodia
* The case is pending in High Court. Affidavit is in court: Sisodia
* This college affidavit clearly states that Mr. Tomar has passed his law degree: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
* An FIR was lodged and he was picked up from the office. 30-40 cops came to arrest him
* It was CBI's observation so we ordered the inquiry: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia on CNG fitness scam
* This is an emergency like state. We have been elected to work. Those who stop us, we will fight them: Manish Sisodia
* We won't spare anyone who tries to stop us from fighting this war against corruption in Delhi: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
* AAP's biggest achievement till date is that we have shaken the roots of corruption: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
* Corrupt leaders are attempting to force an emergency-like situation in Delhi: Deputy CM Manish Sisodia
* He is the same MK Meena who tried to frame a case against me & Manish Sisodia in Gajendra Singh suicide case: Kumar Vishwas
* The way LG has appointed MK Meena as Chief of ACB, goes to show that LG and Centre Govt are scared and are using Delhi Police: Kumar Vishwas
* Court should decide whether his papers are forged or not; the police has no business to get into this: AAP leader Ashutosh
* Govt is indulging in vendetta politics: AAP leader Ashutosh
* I think it's the first time that a Law Minister's law degree has been found to be a fake: Ajay Maken
* I've just come back from a meeting, let me check up the facts: BS Bassi
* His case is under Court's jurisdiction,university has also filed a reply in court stating his degrees are fine: Sanjay Singh
* AAP leaders Ashutosh, Kumar Vishwas sit on dharna outside ATS office against Tomar's arrest.
* AAP leader Sanjay Singh that the Delhi Police has arrested the minister without any notice or prior information.
Delhi Law minister Jitender Singh Tomar was today arrested in connection with fake degree row.
Tomar has been arrested by Delhi Police for his interrogation in this case.
An FIR against Tomar was registered in Hauz Khas Police Station under IPC 420,467,468 and 120 B.
Tomar had approached the Delhi High Court to stay the proceedings of the Bar Council of Delhi (BCD) initiated against him in an alleged "fake law degree" case.
Two cases were pending against Tomar in the Delhi High Court, alleging that he had enrolled himself as an advocate on the basis of a "fake and bogus" graduation degree while the other plea sought cancellation of his election.
Bihar's Tilak Manjhi Bhagalpur University, from where Tomar claimed to have obtained his law degree, had earlier told the court that the provisional certificate is not "genuine" and the document "does not exist in the university's record".
The serial number of the provisional certificate in the record showed the name of some other person and not that of Tomar, said the university.
The BCD had also initiated an inquiry into the matter and issued notice to Tomar seeking his response.