Fake degree row: Jitender Singh Tomar taken to Faizabad by Delhi PoliceLIVE UPDATES: *Jitender Singh Tomar did not graduate from our varsity: RML Awadh University* Police suspect racket behind Tomar's 'fake' degree: B S Bassi* Tomar moves sessions court to challenge his arrest in fake degree case*
* Police suspect racket behind Tomar's 'fake' degree: B S Bassi
* Tomar moves sessions court to challenge his arrest in fake degree case
* Police interrogated Jitender Tomar in Awadh University for at least five hours and has departed for Lucknow
* Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal & Deputy CM Manish Sisodia leave after meeting LG Najeeb Jung.
* University is completely cooperating with Delhi Police in their investigation: S N Shukla
* Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and deputy CM Manish Sisodia reach LG house.
* Delhi CM Kejriwal sends Jitendra Tomar's resignation to President through LG.
* AAP should apologise to the people of Delhi: Prakash Javadekar
* Kejriwal became CM saying they will fight corruption, and appointed a corrupt man as the Law Min: Prakash Javadekar
* DPCC protests against AAP government, Jitender Singh Tomar's fake degree case.
* Application moved by Jitendra Tomar's lawyer in sessions court against his arrest. Court agrees to hear it tomorrow.
* He has claimed to have various different degrees on various platforms: Karan Singh Tanwar (BJP) on AAP MLA Surinder Singh
* Those who helped him (Tomar) should be identified so that it will not have any bad impact on education system: BS Bassi
* The documents are false & now concern is who were the documents procured from: BS Bassi on Jitender Singh Tomar
* If that's the case, perhaps arrest may have been justified; but in such cases arrest is not usually justified: Prashant Bhushan
* In Tomar's case only apprehension police may have had is that he may try to tamper with evidence: Prashant Bhushan
* Arrest only necessary in cases where person may escape,likely to commit same offence or likely to tamper with evidence: Prashant Bhushan
* Man can tell a lie, but documents cannot. Tomar's case is based on documentary evidence: KK Manan (President, Delhi Bar Council)
* It's for Court to decide whether J Tomar's degree is fake or not, but should police be allowed to work in such a manner? AAP leader Ashutosh
* No notice, no summons were issued, this can only happen under a dictator's regime: AAP leader Ashutosh
* CM is more guilty than the person being accused, CM was shielding him, on moral grounds CM should resign: PC Chacko
* It's a moral question on side of CM Arvind Kejriwal, he knew his Law Minister was possessing a fake degree,no action was taken: PC Chacko
* Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and Deputy CM Manish Sisodia to meet LG Najeeb Jung later today.
* As per university documents, Pradeep Kumar filed RTI for verification of Tomar's marksheets & degree: SN Shukla, Media Incharge, Awadh University
* After thorough investigation,University's controller of examination released official letter to Pradeep Kumar with a reply that role no. series mentioned in Tomar's attached documents is bogus, degrees & marksheets are found fake: SN Shukla, Media Incharge, Awadh University
* It's not only the law minister, there are 8 other MLAs against whom there are cases in different police stations: Ajay Maken, Congress
* It's been 120 days since AAP came to power, there is no sign of Jan Lokpal, no signs of Lokayukta: Ajay Maken
* Aam Aadmi Sena defaces AAP posters put up in various parts of Delhi.
Delhi's exiting Law Minister Jitender Singh Tomar, who was arrested yesterday in connection with a fake degree case, was taken to Faizabad by the Delhi Police to verify the claims of his educational degrees.
The Delhi Police team along with Tomar reached Faizabad via Lucknow.
On reaching here, Tomar, AAP MLA from Trinagar area, said that his degrees are genuine and blamed the Central government for hatching a conspiracy against him.
Police said that he will be taken to Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University here to verify his BSc degree certificate which according to the minister is genuine.
Police, however, said the controller of examinations of Dr Ram Manohar Lohia Avadh University reported that its records did not show any BSc degree or mark sheet having been issued in the name of Tomar.
Later, Tomar will be taken to Bhagalpur to verify his LLB degree from the Tilak Manjhi University.
Yesterday, police slapped cases of cheating, criminal conspiracy and forgery after picking up Tomar from his office early in the morning and then dramatically taking him into custody.
Two cases are pending against Tomar in the Delhi High Court, alleging he enrolled himself as an advocate on the basis of a fake law degree and seeking cancellation of his election.