1. Home
  2. Politics
  3. National
  4. Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against MoS, 60

Muzaffarnagar riots: Case against MoS, 60 others for violation of prohibitory orders

PTI 04 Jun 2014, 13:51:55 PM IST
PTI
Muzaffarnagar: The district authorities have filed cases against Minister of State for agriculture Sanjeev Balyan and 60 others for violation of prohibitory orders in connection with Muzaffarnagar riots.

A case was filed yesterday against 61 people including Balyan, two BJP MPs Bhartendu Singh and Hukum Singh, BJP MLAs Sangit Som and Suresh Rana, Khap leaders Naresh Tikait and Harikishan Singh Malik, Additional District Magistrate Indermani Tripathi told reporters here.  

They have been charged with violation of prohibitory orders and contributing communal tension by making inflammatory speeches in community panchayats held on August 31 and September 7 last year, he said.  

Disobeying the order by district authorities banning the panchayats, the accused had participated in two panchayats held in Nagla Madore over Kawal incident in the district, added Tripathi.

The court has fixed the hearing for the case on July 16.