Bihar polls: PM attacks 'grand alliance' with his development plankNew Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed a mega rally in Bhagalpur. This 'parivartan rally' was his fourth public meeting in the poll-bound state, where elections will be held in October-November.Highlights: * Those who
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi today addressed a mega rally in Bhagalpur. This 'parivartan rally' was his fourth public meeting in the poll-bound state, where elections will be held in October-November.
* Those who ruled the state for 25 years are shying away from giving account of what they did for Bihar in this period: PM Modi
* Now Nitish ji is only giving using Rs 2.7 lakh crore. So where is the Rs 1.6 lakh crore going. Will this go for "chaara"?: PM Modi
* Bihar CM said he didn't have any information. I then called other officials to check if the state needed help: PM Modi
* When Nepal was struck by earthquake, I was the first one who called Bihar CM to ask if Bihar was affected: PM Modi
* Government has enough fund.. but it is not willing to utilise the money: PM Modi
* In 2005, there were 105 Community Health Centre. But in 2014, the numbers were decreased to 70: PM Modi
* In 5 years, Bihar will get Rs 3 lakh 74,000 crore ka package from finance commission: PM Modi
* All they spoke about was Modi Modi Modi. I thought only NDA youth used to do Modi Modi but even this anti-NDA group does it: PM Modi
* The rally that was held a few days back had only one topic of discussion..."Modi, Modi, Modi": PM Modi
* Nitish Kumar allied with Congress, who jailed Jai Prakash Narayan. He abandoned JP Narayan's ideology: PM Modi
* The fight against corruption that Jayaprakash Narayan had started but Congress was responsible for his death: PM Modi
* When the people who are in power now come ask you for votes, ask them what happened to their promise of providing electricity: PM Modi
* This rally breaks records of not just NDA but all rallies held in the state of Bihar for the many years: PM Modi
* When I will come here in 2019, I will give you a record of everything my govt would have done by then: PM Modi
* Bihar has clearly decided to form a government that leads them to development: PM Modi
* No one can stop this winning rath: PM Modi
* All political pundits will gauge the will of the public if they see the crowd gathered here: PM Modi
* PM Modi asks supporters who had climbed up the scaffolding to watch the rally to climb down immediately
* Supporters climb up scaffolding to catch view of PM Modi at the rally
* PM Modi arrives at rally venue
* PM Modi leaves for Bhagalpur from Purnea
The rally was originally scheduled to be held on August 30 but the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) rescheduled it for September 1.
A multi-tier security was put in place at the venue of today's rally. More than 3,000 police personnel, including 30 DSP-rank officers were pressed into service for the event.
Modi's three earlier rallies held at Muzaffarpur, Gaya and Saharsa were hugely successful.
Bihar assembly elections is said to be a litmus test for the Narendra Modi government.