International Yoga Day: PM Modi to lead function at Rajpath from 6:40am onwardsNew Delhi: International Yoga Day is all set to be celebrated at Rajpath in Delhi tomorrow in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.Around 37,000 people are expected to attend the majestic event.The government is
New Delhi: International Yoga Day is all set to be celebrated at Rajpath in Delhi tomorrow in the presence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Around 37,000 people are expected to attend the majestic event.
The government is planning to apply to the Guinness World Records for claiming the record for "Largest Yoga Demonstration at a single venue."
Here are a few facts of the International Yoga Day event to be celebrated at Rajpath in Delhi tomorrow:
* Prime Minister Narenda Modi will arrive at 6.40 am to participate in the function.
* After a small preliminary introduction, the PM will speak for a few minutes.
* Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev and three other experts will be present at Rajpath to exhibit asanas which will be projected through 28 big screens.
* Asanas will start at 7 am sharp and will continue for 35-minute.
* 80-100 foreigners from around 50 countries are also expected to take part in the event at Rajpath
* 37,000 yoga mats will be laid out on 1,400 metre stretch for the attendees.
* All three service chiefs, General Dalbir Singh Suhag, Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha and Admiral Robin Dhowan, along with around 3,000 soldiers will participate in the event.
* Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari will head the event in Nagpur along with Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis.
* Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu will be in Chennai.
* Food Processing Minister Ram Vilas Paswan will be in Patna.
* Agriculture minister Radhamohan Singh will be in Motihari, Bihar.
* Oil Minister Dharmendra Pradhan will be in Bhuvaneshwar.
* Health Minister J P Nadda will be in Hyderabad.
* External affairs minister Sushma Swaraj and Sri Sri Ravishankar will attend the function at UNO Hall in New York between 11.00 am and 12.00 pm.
* Around Rs 30-40 crore has been spent on the event including publicity through intensive campaigns, advertisement, distribution of kits, promotional material etc.
* Postage stamps will be released to commemorate the occasion.
* Metro train services will start at 4 am instead of 6 am on Saturday and Sunday
* Offices around Rajpath will be shut from 1 pm on Saturday for security drills.
* Other than India, the US will have 200 programmes and Japan will be holding around 30 programmes at different venues.
* 45 Muslim countries have also extended their support to yoga day.
*Yoga Day will be observed in 256 cities across 192 countries of the world touching 2 billion people
*The event will take place even in strife-torn places like Syria and the Central African Republic.Only Yemen will not participate.
*Yoga event organised at the New York's Times Square is expected to draw 30,000 people.