India vs Pakistan, ICC Champions Trophy 2017 Final: What Virat Kohli has to say on Indo-Pak rivalry
A wounded Pakistan will be out for revenge while India will aim to maintain their dominance when the arch-rivals meet in the final of the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 at The Oval on Sunday. India’s remarkable consistency will be up against Pakistan’s legendary volatility when the fierce rivals clash in what is expected to be an exciting finale. The often tense political relations between the neighbouring nations add colour to the bitter yet intense rivalry, which has nowadays been confined only to global events due to the Indian government’s refusal to allow bilateral contests.
Defending champions India had got the better of their rivals in the league stage of the ongoing tournament. And captain Virat Kohli has already declared that nothing extra is needed to get the same result despite the turnaround by Sarfraz Ahmed’s men since then. It is nonetheless a battle of attrition, where one needs to hold the nerve till the very end. Cricketers from both the nations have opened up on India TV's show Aap Ki Adalat and have talked about the sentiments which run high on the pitch during these high-voltage matches.
Ahead of the mega final of this year's ICC Champions Trophy, India TV, in a special episode of Aap Ki Adalat, re-visits some of the prized moments from the show where a few of the biggest former and present India and Pakistan cricketers will throw light on this intense rivalry. Tune in to India TV tonight at 10 pm to watch the special episode of Aap Ki Adalat.
1. When Virat Kohli said: "I did use cusswords once or twice"
2. Virender Sehwag's famous "baap baap hota hai, beta beta hota hai"
3. Gautam Gambhir on being aggressive against Pakistan: "Entire India becomes aggressive when we play against Pakistan"
4. Yuvraj Singh on Indo-Pak matches: "We in India think, we never lost to Pak, they think they never lost to India"
5. Wasim Akram sheds light on the rivalry: "Don't lose to India, parents, friends, even rickshawallahs told us in Pakistan"
6. Imran Khan talks about the mother of all clashes: "I unleashed my full power whenever we played against India"