Rio 2016: After a medal-less Monday, India aiming at a strong comeback
India witnessed yet another medal-less day on Monday as ace shooter Abhinav Bindra missed his second Olympic medal by a narrow margin, thereby finishing fourth in the 10m air pistol event.
Also, Gagan Narang failed to shine and finished a lowly 23rd in the qualification round of the 10m air pistol event.
Trap shooters Manavjit Singh Sandhu and Kynan Chenai also failed to enter the semi-finals after finishing 16th and 19th respectively.
Meanwhile, Indian men’s hockey team lost to Germany 1-2 in a close encounter, whereas women’s hockey team was defeated by Great Britain by 3-0.
However, Indian athletes will begin with a fresh mind today aiming to open the account in the medal tally.
While rower Bhokanal Dattu will sail the boat to confirm his place in the semi-finals of the event, boxer Vikas Krishan will play his first match.
Indian men’s hockey team will lock horns with Argentina to confirm their position in their pool while shooter Heena Sidhu will be competing in the 25m pistol qualification event.
Here is the list of India’s participation in different events in Rio Olympics 2016 today.
- 5:00 pm IST: men’s single sculls quarterfinals (Bhokanal Dattu)
- 5:30 pm IST: 25m pistol qualification round (Heena Sidhu)
- 8:30 pm IST: Finals
- 7:30 pm IST: India (men’s) vs Argentina
- 8:06 pm IST: Men’s individual 1/32 eliminations – Atanu Das vs Jitbahadur Muktan (Nepal)
- 2:45 am IST (Wednesday): Men’s middleweight (75 kg) – Vikas Krishan vs Charles Cornwell